Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Making Food Last Longer!

As a Generation Xer, my thoughts and outlooks on the way of doing most things would pretty much categorize me as Old School. That being the case, I can remember growing up in the 70’s and watching my mother actually can fruits, going through the process of boiling, making wax, and sealing the food up for later usage. Rarely today do I see or even hear of people going through such lengths to get the most out of the food we buy…not unless they belong to some fringe militia group or survivalist preparing for next month’s Mayan Apocalypse.
At any rate, I got the idea to post a little primer on storing perishable foods for the long-term while watching NBC’s The Today Show last Saturday morning (I’m not afraid to admit that even I learned something watching). I invite you to view the video of that topic below:


No comments:

Post a Comment